I made Owen a new Sunday shirt. I used a pattern from Fishsticks Patterns (or a name very similar to that…I can’t remember for sure and I don’t want to take the time to look it up) called the Everyday Camp Shirt.
It was a really good pattern. I was so stoked when I finished this shirt. It was so much easier than when I made his first Sunday shirt in February. Part of that is because I used an indie pattern this time with much better instructions instead of a commercial pattern. But I like to think that a lot of it is because I’ve improved my sewing skills.
This time, I understood how to make the collar right and tuck all the seams into the collar. With Owen’s first one, I had to just serge the seams off because I could not figure out what the instructions were telling me to do.
I don’t even have any pictures of Owen in it yet, but I did have fun dressing the shirt up with a tie. I will take some of the real Owen in it on Sunday when he wears it to church.
|The collar, the way a collar is supposed to be!|