I made a pair of leggings with my Sew Liberated pattern. These leggings came together very quickly and I was able to sew them in just one sewing session.
They are comfortable and I am sure I will wear them a lot. When I ordered the fabric for these, I wasn’t so sure I was getting exactly what I wanted, and I didn’t get exactly what I was after. I wanted black fabric for them, and the only black stretch double knit (I wanted something sturdy for winter) they had available at fabric.com was a rayon blend. The rayon makes the pants a little more shiny than I like, but that’s ok. I still like ’em.
Also, the next time I make them, I am going to swap the waistband in the pattern for the waistband to my maxi skirt. I love that waistband, and I think it will make the leggings perfect.
I also finished a pair of Sunday pants for Seth last week, using my Oliver + S pattern. I love that pattern.
You know, there are times when I am not so sure about how my stuff turns out. Many times. But today I wore one of my scoop t-shirts paired with one of my cardigans, and my Sew Liberated skinny jeans on the bottom. And I really liked the whole outfit. It was a good moment where I felt satisfied with my work.
Speaking of that cardigan in the picture, today I spent a Ninjago episode sitting next to Ezra, hand sewing the flowers back on the cardigan because they came loose after too many washings. I am learning that part of sewing my own clothes involves mending time, because things like pockets and such just come loose. I am getting better about securing those things really well, but even then sometimes there is no match for what the mighty washer can do to my clothes.