Jon’s Pants (Burda #6014)

I finished my first pair of pants for Jon, and I’m pretty excited about it. I used Burda pattern #6014 (Jochen):

burdajochen

I chose Jon’s size based on the sizing chart, and I didn’t change one thing about the fit. I did do some of the construction differently than the instructions said to, though. I did the fly in the way that I learned from my Angela Wolf jeans Craftsy class because I feel like that’s a really good way to do a fly and I’m very comfortable with doing it that way. I had to slightly change the pattern pieces of the Burda pattern so I could do it this way.

It feels good to be able to say that I made everything Jon is wearing in this picture!

It feels good to be able to say that I made everything Jon is wearing in this picture!

I did the back welt pockets the way I learned from my Oliver + S Art Museum trousers pattern, and that was because I absolutely couldn’t understand what the Burda pattern was telling me to do. I took the welt pocket pattern pieces from my Oliver + S pattern (in Seth’s size) and made them bigger so they’d work in Jon’s pants.

wpid713-20140506-180850.jpg

I also did the waistband the way I learned in my Angela Wolf class, again because I didn’t know what the heck the Burda pattern was saying to do.

wpid717-20140506-181024.jpg

Well, I guess his belt is covering the waistband anyway.

I used a nice twill fabric from fabric.com and I’m going to make more out of twill because it’s nice stuff.

I think for next time, I will add some taper to the legs of the pants because there’s almost no taper from the knee down. But other than that, the pattern is a great fit for Jon.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.