I have a colorful new top to wear. For this one, I used my scoop tee pattern as the base. Then I added some gathers to the neckline. To add the gathers, I used this little tutorial.
I wanted a bit of a fuller sleeve on this top, so I drafted a new one. But I made it too full. So next time I’ll have to back off a bit on that. But I think it’s okay. The sleeve does lend a free, hippy-like appearance, but I’m alright with that.
I also added just a tad of width to the bottom of the pattern so that there would be more to gather in when I put the band on.
I really love this fabric. The colors and the huge chevrons just make me happy when I look at them.
Also, I finished a pair of Sunday pants for Seth.
He was already outgrowing his pair I made him a few months ago. I used my Oliver + S Art Museum Trousers pattern that I’ve talked about before.
I must say that I’m so glad I can sew for Seth. We really struggled finding pants that fit him before I learned to sew, but now I can customize pants for him to have them fit. For these, he needed more room in the crotch (even with the largest size in the pattern) so I scooped the front and back crotch seams.
I also added more length to the rise in the back. And he needed more room in the hip area, so I used a 3/8″ seam allowance there instead of the 1/2″ the pattern came with. Then when I got down past the hip, I gradually came in until I was back at 1/2″ seam allowance because he didn’t need more room anywhere else.