In my last post, I talked about my school clothes making goals for my kids. I also have a goal for husband clothes-I want to make Jon two pairs of pants and a shirt for work before his 7 week summer break is over and classes start again.
I finished a pair of pants for him last week.
I used the same Burda pattern that I used for his last pair of pants. I made them the very same way, except that I tapered them a little bit more from the knee down this time.
I used some stretch corduroy from fashionfabricsclub.com for these. The stretch in the fabric made them a little bit looser than his last pair, but I was having a hard time finding some medium weight corduroy that I liked that didn’t have any stretch in it.
The brown ended up being more reddish than it looked online, and that makes them look slightly 1970ish. But I think it’s ok.
I had enough corduroy left over to make Seth another pair of Sunny Day shorts.
Now I have one whole outfit finished for him for school. Two more outfits to go.
I will probably make all the rest of the shorts I’m going to make for the boys out of the Sunny Day pattern. If I get a pattern to where it fits great, then I’m going to use the heck out of it! And my boys don’t mind having a lot of clothes from the same pattern. I think they prefer it.
I think I put those yards of corduroy to good use. All that is left is a tiny scrap. Plus, matching is cool.