I bought some activewear knit from fabric.com last summer with plans to make a running tank top out of it. I never did make a tank before the weather turned cold, but that’s ok because I made a long sleeved running shirt out of it instead last week. With our climate, I run in long sleeved tops more than anything else anyway.
I’ve made a couple of running tops before (here and here) with a Burda pattern, but I decided to use the Undercover Hood pattern for this one. I’ve made a top with that pattern once before and I really like it.
The collar was hard to put on with this fabric-it took me three tries to get it looking ok. First it was too loose, then too tight. I’m glad the third time it was alright because I was sick of messing with it.
I thought that a running shirt with that wide hem band the pattern has would be so cute, and I do like how it looks. But it only took me one run to realize a wide hem band on a running shirt is not very functional. It kept slipping up and folding over on itself. I considered cutting it off and hemming the shirt normally, but I decided that would make the shirt too short. It’s ok though. The shirt still works, but it would be better without the band.
I’m just so happy that the roads are clear right now and it’s warmed up a little bit so I can run outside and wear it!
P.S. I added this post to a link up: