I finished my Parisian top that I mentioned I was making in my last post. It took me long enough!
Part of that was because I made a muslin first. I was only worried about the neckline being too low for me so I thought I’d check first.
It was too low for my liking , but only by a little bit. So I made the scoop on the pattern 1/4″ higher.
I also had to shorten the collar piece and the collar facing piece by quite a bit. Maybe I used a much stretchier fabric than the pattern was made for, because I had to cut 4-5 inches off of the collar in order to ease it on and make it lay right and not fall open.
But I love that collar! So I was happy to spend time making it look the way I wanted it to.
I cut a size small. Based on my measurements I could have gone with the small or one size down, but I chose the bigger and I like how it fits. I did have to add a little bit to the sleeve cuffs because they were too tight.
I left the band off of the bottom (even though I wanted it on there so bad!) because I’m planning on making a skirt to go with this top and it will need to be tucked in. I just added a few more inches to the length to compensate.
I got my fabric from Mood and it is soft and stretchy. I don’t think orange is a super flattering color on me, but I loved the print and it was something I could find that matched the brown I bought to make the skirt I want to make.
I really like this pattern and I want to make more tops-next time with a band on the bottom.